Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Davis' 10 Month Update


On Monday, our little guy was 10 months old. This is all going too quickly. He's a great crawler now & loves to be on the move. He's gotten very good at finger-feeding & likes to eat things like banana pieces, black beans, rice, pieces of cereal. He's transitioned well to a sippy cup. He's pulling up like crazy and cruising along furniture. He has new sounds like "ma," "dee," "jo." Jordan is convinced that he is trying to say JoJo. He might be. "Dee" is pretty much for "daddy." "Ma" has absolutely nothing to do with me. :) If you ask him for a kiss, he will give you a big open mouth one! This is his favorite book! We have to read it every day & night before bed.

Big news--hooray!--after consulting with my dear friend who is a sleep psychologist, she determined that Davis had developed "Sleep Onset Association Disorder." After a clearly defined sleep routine was established & bad habits broken, we are thrilled that Davis is sleeping in his own bed & from 8pm-6 am. He's had a great developmental jump following this. Mommy & Daddy are getting lots more sleep now & we are much happier, too.

Davis continues to be a happy, smiley little guy. He's just really cheerful. He seems to make friends wherever we are. We feel so grateful for his easy-going nature. He loves his sisters so much & wants to be with them a lot of the time. We are so lucky.

7 comments:

Janna said...

He's getting so big! And it looks like he's got some hair coming in too :) Very cute. I'm interested to hear more about the sleep thing. Also, I like the pink bib :)

Crunchy Carolina Girl said...

Oh, man. I didn't even realize he was wearing a pink bib! We just use what we've got! ;)

Anonymous said...

He is going to be a very handsome guy. Can't wait to see him 3 weeks from today.

Mellodee said...

He is growing up and I noticed the hair too. I agree, he is going to be a very handsome guy. He's a sweetie!

Jan said...

I think he looks a bit like Kiah, so adorable.

Convertible Girl said...

Davis is so handsome, he's comfortable enough with his masculinity to wear a pink bib ;)

We got that book at the library -- Clara Carter loves it too.

Kristin said...

Davis is such a sweetie! Coop still gives the open mouth kisses, and I love them! Glad that everything has been improving with his sleep!!