Friday, November 11, 2005

Not zero anymore

Jordan celebrated her first birthday today! She spent the day with mom and Grandma Jan, who threw her a great party tonight - complete with cake, presents, and lots of friends. Here are some pictures (click to enlarge):











Jordan wasn't quite sure what to do with her cake until we gave her a fork. After she dug in, though, she found that she loved the sweet taste of cake in her mouth... and on her nose... and cheeks... and forehead... and hair....

5 comments:

Macon said...

It's amazing that she's only one and she can already do the Vulcan sign for "Live Long and Prosper"!

Kellsey said...

YEA!!! Jordan's not "nothing" anymore. When Aidan was still zero, his cousin Noah said to me, "Aidan is zero, and zero is nothing. That means Aidan is nothing." Ah, the logic of a 4 year old.

I am very impressed with the use of the fork. Aidan generally uses his spoon to keep the beat on his tray. Sometimes he'll put it in his mouth, but usually that is after taking all the food off it by either slamming it down on the tray or by using his other hand to grab all the food. Oh, well, someday it will work.

I am glad to know that Jordan's birthday is the 11th, I had the date wrong in my calendar. Woops!

Ellphi said...

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! It looks like you loved your cake and little rocking chair. See Jordan, frosting is yummy! You are the Princess of your house and mom & dad agree! Happy Birthday little bean. I love you, Grandma Mellodee

Nathan said...

Too cute :) Now, did she really get that messy eating her cake or did you "help" her for picture's sake? We can't wait to see her soon. I hope she got our card!

Jamie said...

No, she really got herself that messy. It's good genes, I think. :)